🌈 Embracing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion in all shapes and sizes 🌈
At Neonomics, we have been an international and diverse fintech from the very start. When it comes to inclusivity and diversity, this goes far beyond the % of women in a team. We cherish the unique experiences, talents, and contributions that our team members bring from all corners of the world, no matter their gender, sexuality, religion and so on. Pride month is a special month for recognizing and celebrating the LGBTQ+ community, its history, and its ongoing fight for equality (because yes, there is still a long way to go).
From the get go, diversity has been our strength and that by embracing different perspectives, we can and have achieved great things together. 🤝 Nevertheless, we strive to continue to creating a workplace where everyone feels safe, respected, and empowered to be their authentic selves. 🌍 As individuals, we all hold the responsibility to do better, at work and outside of work.
Pride month and allyship is more than just a colourful feed, but an ongoing learning and understanding of the world around us 💪❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🤍🤎🖤
Want to know more? Here are some facts about Pride Month:
- Pride Month is typically celebrated in June every year
- It celebrates the LGBTQ+ community and their contributions to society
- It also serves as a reminder of the ongoing fight for LGBTQ+ rights and equality.
- Pride Month traces its roots back to the Stonewall Uprising, which took place in New York City in June 1969.
- The rainbow flag is a widely recognized symbol of LGBTQ+ pride. It was designed by artist and activist Gilbert Bakerin 1978 and since then has been extended and modified to include further identities.
- Each colour represents different aspects of the LGBTQ+ community, such as life, healing, sunlight, nature, harmony, and spirit and so on.
- While Pride Month is celebrated worldwide, the events and their nature can differ across countries and regions.